Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week so far. Such as it is.

Hello again. Can I use this opportunity to say THANK YOU very much and welcome to my new FB likers and blog followers. Also another huge shout out to Rachel from Redcliffe Style for hosting my guest post the other day, I have had a lot of lovin' from that post. Rachel you are the best.

I'm feeling a bit uninspired tonight so I'll just drone on in my usual default monotone about stuff I've been up to.

- Spent most of Saturday wandering around the shops to avoid the heat. We bought a new beach shelter. Here's hoping it doesn't go the way of the last two. I tentatively suggested to M that perhaps we should set it up in a practice run here at home before having to wrestle it in the wind at the beach. He pooh-poohed this idea, alleging again that it was a design flaw in the last two that resulted in disaster.  Hmm.

- We ran into my friend T and her fam while we were at said shops, so we all went to the Sushi Train.  All a bit dodgy I felt in such hot weather, the little dishes of luke warm sushi and chicken kebabs making their sorry way round the track in inadequate air con.  Still none of us died of salmonella so that's something.

- Invited ourselves round to our new friends M and H who live a few streets away on Saturday evening. They were supposed to come over here but I panicked about our hot house and demanded that they allow us to descend upon them en masse instead, as they have both a large wading pool and air conditioning. I think they were ok with it. H texted me today to ask me to play a game of netball with her team and I forgot to reply until just then. I think maybe I've committed enough faux pas now, I should really stop. As much as I like a good faux pas.  Sorry H.

-  I commuted to work like the sorry automaton that I am.  Hamster wheel anyone? The worst thing about the commute is being stuck in stop start traffic while badly needing to go to the loo.  When I was preggers this happened a few times and once I had to pull off the M1 and drive manically around until I found a public loo in a park. Desperate times, desperate measures. I mentioned the whole busting for a wee thing to my supervisor and he said his brother works in Manila and apparently the traffic is so bad someone has devised a sort of wee bag you can strap to your leg for these situations.  Frankly I'm interested in the concept and am about to Google it, stat.

I'm hopeless at taking pictures at the moment, I'm sure everyone is missing my artsy shots.  I'll get onto it asap.  Tomorrow I'm documenting the shit out of my day, don't you worry.

Adios my slapdashery groupies.

xx

10 comments:

  1. I have a bladder the size of a peanut. (Just typing that makes me want to empty it.) I have been in some desperate situations thanks to this. I am the human equivalent of a lab rat, and need to pee every 5 seconds.No matter where I roam, I need to work out where the next available loo is.I am so jealous of people who can drink gallons of anything without grimacing and crossing their legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sulky I have always prided myself on my camel like bladder but even it ain't what she used to be I'm sorry to say. I'm falling to bits.

      Delete
  2. I didn't reply to a week long text until yesterday. So bad, so so bad.
    Hope the next week looks up for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am hopeless. I read it and then forget to reply. Doh!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I enjoy my commute to work too on the BUS !! the plus side is at my age sometimes I get a seat without having to fight anyone for it

    long weekend though ...thank God

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dare you to contact the wee bag people and ask them if you can review it. No not really - I'm just joking - I double dare you! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say agree 100% with your views on breastfeeding ..not that we should even have to have discussions on the 'rights' of breastfeeding women..and babies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous isn't it? And the greater issue of the male gaze. Still relevant in the 21st century.

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...