Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Fashion Week at Slapdash Mama!

Hi readers.

I'm a bit off my game at the moment due to my poor health and sick kids and blah blah blah moan moan sigh cough cough coughhhhhh hack snort gnnrrgghhhhhh.....

Anyway it is unfortunate timing my friends. Unfortunate timing indeed, because it is at this VERY MOMENT that the judges for the Kidspot Voices 2013 are hovering enthusiastically over nominated blogs, determining WHO WILL BE THE WINNER!? or even who will be in the Top 100??!? No pressure at all dudes. Nope. None.

Everyone just LOOK NORMAL OK!?

Anyway, and this has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH BEING NOMINATED FOR VOICES 2013, but it just so happens that as well as being a talented Political Analyst, Travel Reporter, Satirist, Poet, Restaurant Critic and General Dispenser of Parenting Advice, I also fancy myself as a bit of a Fashion Blogger too.

Stop laughing please you guys, you are embarrassing me in front of the JUDGES!!!!

I totally AM a fashion blogger.

So this week has been designated FASHION WEEK here at Slapdash Mama HQ!  It coincides rather depressingly with my recent resolution to buy NO NEW CLOTHES for the rest of 2013.

I'm not joking.  This is really happening.

I need something to distract me from this decision, so I'm even going to be presenting you with an OOTD pictorial spread.  Don't know what OOTD means?  Neither did some of my new Twitter mates, when we were Twitting about stuff yesterday so I was only too happy to enlighten them with an explanation.

OOTD means "Outfit of the Day". Obvious now, no?  And it is the hashtag that fashionista types give their selfie snippy snaps on Instagram. And fashion blogs are full of them.

The punters go CRAZY FOR THIS SHIZZ.

So I am getting on board too. For the punters, you see.  I give them what they want.

Here's today's OOTD.  You guys are lucky in a way you cannot imagine that the first OOTD was done on one of my work days because it means I am wearing actual CLOTHES!


Here I am wearing a Review dress from 2010, a pink David Lawrence cardigan from a million years ago, and Red Phoenix Emporium necklace and earrings. I saw Red Phoenix jewellery on Faux Fuchsia's blog and because I too am a joiner, I immediately ran off and purchased some. 

Here's my legs and shoes and attractive work office type carpet.  Shoes are from an op shop. You've seen them before. Because I basically wear them every day.

Obligatory bathroom selfie. Large overflowing bin with paper towels really adds a sort of charm I think. Gritty. Like, I don't know, an episode of The Wire.


There you have it guys. Before I go I want to leave you with a few fashion words of wisdom that have helped me over the years.

-  Jeggings are for all!!!!
-  Everyone looks good in a tunic, leggings and ballet flats.
-  When in doubt, wear a dress.
-  Colour is the new black! Or is that grey is the new black? Hang on maybe it's navy blue.  Anyway, let's just say black is the new black and leave it at that!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I regale you with my Slapdash Beauty Tips and post yet another OOTD.

Til then.

Your ever faithful

Slapdash Mama.

EDITED TO ADD: Just removed the post from the IBOT page because I did it wrong.

56 comments:

  1. Am off to do a headless 'selfie' in the bathroom mirror of me in my funky monkey dressing gown, holey leggings and stolen slippers for I too am a joiner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's the new BLACK!! Apart from black that is.

      Delete
    2. Only if I can post it on your FB page .... ;)

      Delete
    3. it's a deal - I did eventually manage to dress myself today (and mostly my clothes were the right way out) but I'll be pretty much wearing the same thing (ok, it WILL be the same thing) tomorrow so I'll post a pic ;)

      Delete
  2. Nooooo Jeggings are evil, evil creations.
    Cute OOTD! <---- See what I did there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give jeggings a chance! Won't you give them a chance??

      Delete
    2. When they don't produce camel toes of epic proportions I will give them a chance. Then and only then. Also when hell freezes over.

      Delete
    3. OMG you wear a big ole shirt over them and voila! No camel toe. Instant slimming effect. I WILL SHOW YOU!

      Delete
    4. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR CAMEL TOE

      Delete
    5. What's that?? You WANT to see my camel toe??? OK then. Whatever floats your boat Teegs...

      Delete
  3. You and your little daughter are the spitting image of each other!(From the nose down, anyway)Jesus, I might have to go and stand in front of a mirror in my best Minnie Mouse pyjamas, to try and capture their Full Glory. You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it on my FB page! Yes we are very similar. Partic if you see pics of me at that age xx

      Delete
  4. Hahaha! I silently admired this outfit today by the way! I'm a bit of an introvert (yes, I really am. I did the test again and I'm definitely leaning towards introversion) so I don't always voice my thoughts. Or at least, not the meaningful ones! ;P Remember tomorrow: LILAC! I have NFI what I'm going to wear cos I have NOTHING. Ps. OOTD = haven't heard of that before but going back years... say... 8 years, I used to be regular at a certain fashion forum I absolutely refuse to name because they banned me, and I think this whole "OTD" thing started there with FOTD in the makeup forum. I'll leave that one for you to figure out ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I made up OOTD? Pretty sure I saw it somewhere once. Anyway I am about to get in the car and drive and am wearing lavender highlights.

      Delete
  5. Love your OOTD and thanks for the fashion tips- I am going to get myself a pair of jeggings STAT, because I too am a joiner. I'm no twitter expert, but I think you meant 'tweeting' not 'twitting'. Anyway, check out the courier mail front page tomorrow, I've managed to secure cover space to advertise my latest philanthropic undertakings (the advertising space cost 5 times the value of the donation, but it's important that we remind people how generous we are). Cheerio x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent work H. If you don't share it how will people LEARN TO BE BETTER?

      Delete
    2. No it's definitely twitting. Cos I'm a twit too. Two-whit? Too-whoo.

      Delete
  6. Love it! Stylish and gritty. Spouse made me watch The Wire in its entirety then decided we should take a trip to Baltimore when living in the USA. I spent the entire time checking the car doors were locked. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wire is MY FAVOURITE SHOW. Apparently it is Barack Obama's too. Good taste obvs.

      Delete
  7. While we are on the Wire theme, you kind of resemble that DA who had a rip roaring affair with McNaulty. Mmmmmm McNaulty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! The dress I guess. McNaulty...McNaughty!

      Delete
  8. I was just about to applaud your obvious style wisdom and then you said that jeggings are for everyone and I vomited in my mouth a little.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG what does everyone have against jeggings! I have multiple pairs! I will show you all how it's done!

      Delete
  9. Good on you for diversifying your blogging dynasty with fashion. I could never go there myself as I once blogged about wearing an outfit to a blogging get-together that seriously only cost me $20 all together - I don't think anyone would take me seriously after that confession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsty putting together an outfit for $20 IS AN AMAZING TALENT THAT YOU SHOULD EXPLOIT! OMG! Tell me HOW!?

      Delete
  10. Everybody look normal? Oh SHIT. I have NO IDEA HOW TO DO THAT. I have PINK HAIR ffs. Nice work on the bathroom selfie. Very trainspotting with high-class conceptual elements. We need to call this something. Leave it with me. I'll workshop it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink hair! You are very cool. I am hoping to get a cool haircut very soon. I HATE MINE IT IS so FRUMPY! I will leave the word inventing to you, you have a special, special talent...xx

      Delete
  11. As one of you new punters I am totally impressed! And you even have painted toenails which totally makes you a fashion blogger.

    You've totally out-fashioned me today though. I worked on my IBOT post until 7.30am this morning leaving me precisely 15 minutes to get ready for work and I look like a haystack that's gone through a hedge backwards. Or something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh give me time. I think I've made the cardinal sin of putting my best first. I'm pretty sure I will run out of steam byt tomorrow...
      PS re: nail polish, you should see my fingers. Chipped like there's no tomorrow. not good.

      Delete
  12. I do agree, leggings (not jeggings though, not for me anyway!) and a big top, perfect!

    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeggings are the best! I obviously need to do a post about them to SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE!

      Delete
  13. I am with you...jeggings for all!

    I wonder if this post will qualify you in both the parenting blog category and the fashion blog category and maybe even in the hilarious blog category?
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! A jeggings supporter, thank you Caitlin. Did you see I worked out how to do the tabs up the top thanks to you? Just have to put something actually in them now!

      Delete
  14. You're finessing the satorial blogger trend (and just in time for judging!). Actually I really do like that dress! Glad I don't work in an office anymore though. Why does the carpet always look the same??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the carpet is SO bad, it makes me feel dizzy and nauseous. The dress is nice indeed, one of my favourites.

      Delete
  15. Haha, excellent post. I agree, black is the new black.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha looking forward to more OOTD posts and pics ...

    I am rather boring and wear my stuff to DEATH so after about a week my OOTD posts would be rather repetitive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO BORING TOO Janet don't worry. This will be revealed as the week wears on...

      Delete
  17. Totally agree - EVERYONE looks good in a tunic and leggings! I love your work outfit too. I think you could totally make it as a fashion blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha, I hope this works a charm Sarah - nothing like a bit of diversifying to impress judges, I gave baking a shot this week - FAILURE but funny! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven'tseen your baking post! Will check asap!

      Delete
  19. EVERYONE LOOK NORMAL! Oh dear. I kind of meant to say that quietly, so nobody heard me. It reminds of how normal I was in college, where we could wear free dress, and, completely coincidentally, I turned up wearing the same clothes as my bestie TWO DAYS IN A ROW. The shame, the shame ...EVERYONE LOOK NORMAL EXCEPT FOR THE MORONS THAT DRESS THE SAME! But I LOVE this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I used to PLAN to wear the same stuff as my friends. I know, so ORIGINAL and fashion forward.

      Delete
  20. Luf it. Looking forward to more of you OOTD posts.
    I cannot do jeggings. I even feel like a bit of a tryer wearing long boots. Every time I step out of the house in them I expect someone to tap me on the shoulder and say "you there - no - back in the house - not for you".
    Anyhoo back to you... keep the OOTD posts. They are fab.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K that is silly you are GORGEOUS and fit and cute and you should wear WHATEVER you want, life's too short man.

      Delete
  21. S why do all our comments have to go through moderation?
    I promise I won't write bad words like shiz feck and bum on your blog. You can trust ussssssss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How DARE you? That is exactly why they get moderated young lady because I cannot TOLERATE foul language on my blog. The very idea. I am disgusted.

      Delete
    2. I can remember getting into trouble as a kid for saying 'damn' once. Back then that was as a bad as bad words got.

      Delete
    3. Those were the bloody shitting days eh?

      Delete
  22. No new clothes for the rest of the year? I don't think I could do that!!!
    Especially since i'm going shopping this Thursday :)
    Also, just wanted to remind you that for IBOT, you need to link a new, previously unpublished post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I usually do them Monday night because I work Tuesdays. Might have to stop linking up then :-(

      Delete
    2. Just deleted it from the IBOT page, don't want to do the wrong thing, thanks for letting me know.

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...